Pages

Thursday 20 November 2014

TIME TO CLEAN THOSE BRUSHES

Thursday 20 November 2014




When I want my brushes to look as good as new i'll do what i call a 'deep brush cleanse' and this is usually about once a week. I'll do this to my brushes and the brushes I use for the make up part of my degree. 

I use Johnson's baby shampoo (£1.69) and mix it with a tiny bit of antibacterial hand wash which varies depending what i've purchased in my shopping this week it's the Simple moisturising hand wash to create the cleanser. 

STEP 1: Pump some of the cleanser into the palm of your hand, dampen the brush and proceed to swirl the brush into the cleanser 
STEP 2: Keep doing this and adding cleanser until the water runs clear 
STEP 3: Every other brush cleanse I tend to condition my brushes after the cleanse, this helps to make the bristles extra smooth and depending on what I am using in the shower depends on the conditioner I will use for this. This week its the Garnier Ultimate Blends conditioner
STEP 4: I then lay the brushes flat on a towel in the windowsill to dry 

What do you use to clean your brushes?   

5 comments:

  1. thats a great tip!! so i never have to buy brushcleanser again. thx!!
    What about following each other? I would really love to keep in touch honey!
    I just followed you, would be delighted if you could return the favor!

    xoxo Colli // my blog - tobeyoutiful // Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it weird that I find doing this quite relaxing? lol xx

    Jasmine // Magpie Jasmine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post and tips! Whats the third brush from the left called? The one on the first photo..been looking for one like that, but it's difficult to fine the perfect one :) xx

    http://saandraslife.blogspot.no

    ReplyDelete

NOT YOUR AVERAGE STYLE BLOG © 2014