Pages

Saturday 22 November 2014

THE CHRISTMAS TAG

Saturday 22 November 2014

After an unexpected shopping trip where I ended up buying lots of Christmas decorations for my uni room I'd now say that I am fully in the Christmas spirit ( bit early i know). So what better time to do the Christmas tag!

1. What is your favourite Christmas Movie/s? 
My favourite Christmas movie has to be Santa Clause 1, 2 but mainly 3. I've watched it every year since I can remember so it's become a bit of a tradition within our household. Other Christmas films I like are Love Actually and of course ELF. 

2. Do you open your presents on Christmas Eve or Christmas morning?
Usually we open half of our presents on Christmas morning and then the other half in the afternoon when the rest of the family have arrived. 


3. Do you have a favourite Christmas memory?

My favourite Christmas memory has to be when I was about 6 or 7 and every year we would go to my nans house after dinner and having cheese and biscuits and acting out plays with my two cousins in front of all of the family. 


4. Favourite festive food? 

Oo this is a tough question.. I'd have to say chocolate as it's the one time of year where you can binge on treats and not feel bad. I love Terrys chocolate orange, Celebrations and Lindt are my particular favourites. 


5. Favourite Christmas gift?

I think as a child gifts are more exciting, so I've had to think back to what stood out to me when I was growing up. I think my favourite gift had to be a fashion craft book I was bought one year where you had to make mini clothes out of different craft paper. Not the most wildly exciting or expensive but nevertheless I loved it and can still remember what it looked like now. 


6. Favourite Christmas scent?

In terms of a nostalgic scent I'd have to go for tinsel but I love burning candles around this time of year and have recently discovered a Yankee candle in the scent 'Fireside Treats' it's like nothing I've ever smelt before and is just amazing. 


Do you have any Christmas Eve traditions?

Christmas eve in my household usually consists of all of the family sitting down and watching a film in our blankets with the fire on and drinking warm drinks with the occasional snacking on chocolate. 


8. What tops your tree?

An angel tops our tree in a silver glittery dress.


9. As a kid what was the one (crazy, wild, extravagant) gift you always asked for but never received?

I can't really remember anything in particular but at a guess I probably asked for some kind of pet. 


10. What's the best part about Christmas for you?

Christmas to me is all about being with family and the people I love. I also love seeing all of the Christmas markets, speciality hot drinks and decorated shop windows. Sitting with only the christmas tree lights on and watching films in a warm blanket and of course being at home as I've moved away this year. 





4 comments:

  1. Great post!! Christmas is my favorite holiday!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Just thought I'd pop by to let you know that I have nominated you for The Liebster Award! Can't wait to read your post ;D
    http://angelinaarose.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

NOT YOUR AVERAGE STYLE BLOG © 2014